Saturday, June 6, 2015

A Few Good Books

                                               
                                               
A few years ago, I posted about a great book called Sparkling Green Earrings by Melanie Shankle. If you haven't read it yet, I would highly recommend it. My sweet friend Sarah Beard told me about it. I read it on the plane as we headed to California and laughed out loud. (Like the kind of laugh that people look at you from across the aisle.)

Below is the book: 

                                                     

So since Melanie wrote the book above, she has written the two books below. The first one, The Antelope in the Living Room is about marriage. OH MY GOSH...her words are so true and so hilarious. I am not sure my husband found some of the stories as funny as I did. I would read parts of the book out loud and sometimes I got a chuckle from him, while others times, I got a blank stare. I told him he needed to read the whole book. He said he would pass and just trust me. 

                                                        Image result for the antelope in the living room
Then my sweet best friend Jessica sent me Melanie's lastest book about friendship. I am in the middle of reading it and it is precious. It has helped me realize how blessed I am to have such great friends in my life. 

                                                        Image result for nobody's cuter than you

Melanie also has a blog that I love checking when I have a moment and am trying to avoid cleaning or doing laundry. Check it out here. It is called Big Momma Blog. 

The great thing about these books is that they are easy reads. If life gets crazy , just as you started one, you can go back to it later on where you left off and they are still just as good. 

I hope you get to enjoy! 


No comments: