Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The Night Before Kindergarten

Tonight the routine starts. 
Tonight the lunches are packed, the outfits picked out, the backpacks are by the door. 
Tonight I prayed over my sweet boy as he slept. I prayed for him to be a friend to others, to show compassion and to have empathy. I prayed for him to remember that Jesus loves him and so does his parents. 
Tonight I lay in bed excited for the first day of school, like I always have been, but it is a different excitement this year. 
Tonight I share with Matt that I can't believe my sweet boy is starting this chapter. "Where does the time go?"
Tonight I feel like everything is happening so fast and I try to pull on the reins, but it just keeps going. 
Tonight I realize that I am excited to see what my boy will become and how he will fit with others around him as he starts school. 
Tonight I think of his preschool teachers and how much he loves them and how much they love him. I see how they helped shape him so much over these last couple years. 
Tonight I think about Mrs. Jewel who held him when he was a baby and has become a part of our family. 
Tonight I think about Mr. B. John's new teacher. This is the person that my son will look up to for the next year and maybe for the rest of his life. I pray for him as he gets the opportunity to help shape these little people. I pray that Mr. B. will get John's humor and see his kind, sweet heart throughout this year. I am lucky because I have seen the magic that Mr. B has with his students and I know that John is one lucky boy.
Tonight I think and pray for the other staff members that will come in contact with John and the other students starting tomorrow. 
Tonight I truly realize that it takes a village to raise my children. Without this village and the people that have come and gone, my sweet boy would not be who he is today. 

I love you John Andrew. I am so glad that I get to see you each day of your Kindergarten year. I am proud of you and I will always be proud of you. 










  

No comments: