Monday, August 11, 2014

A lot of things going on...


Wow...things are changing once again at the Turnbough house. I started back at work last week. It went way better than I expected and I owe a lot of that to my sweet mother in law - but that will be a later post. 
Then this week came and BAM we are getting back into the swing of things. My mom arrived last night. Tonight was Kindergarten Open House...yes my sweet boy is officially going to Kindergarten and I can't believe it. He is going to be a Cougar! I have so many thoughts going through my head right now and I think a later post will have to come after I sort out my thoughts and feelings on this matter. 
Yet, tonight he did great and I got through it without tears. There was a smudge of tears that came to my eyes when I saw him get out of the car and head to the building to greet me. But I held back and he told me "Mom I told dad I was nervous when we were in the car." I smiled and said "All the Kindergartners are nervous honey and that is okay." He looked at me and said "Dad said the same thing."
We met in his teacher's room all together and then the parents were dismissed to listen to the parent talk in the cafeteria. I thought there would be tears, but he walked straight to the carpet and had a seat. 
It is strange to be on the parent side when you are usually on the Administration side. Very weird feeling...
Overall the night went wonderful and I am so excited to see what this year will bring for my sweet boy. We are definitely taking a big step here but we fully trust in his sweet Kindergarten teacher. 




And then Sophia had her first ballet meeting to get fitted for her gear. Yup...that is right, I am going to be a dance mom. Get ready world! I don't know how I am going to quite fit this role, but we shall see. My mom took Sophia to her meeting while we were at Kindergarten Open House. Sophia was so excited when we got home. Her words were "IT'S GOING TO BE AWESOME!" For those of you that know Sophia well, you know she doesn't get super excited unless she LOVES it. Oh and she loves the idea of getting to do ballet. She also said, "This going to be so much better than t-ball."
And then sweet Nora just hung out tonight and got to make her first appearance at school. People commented on her hair and her sweet cheeks all night. (This picture isn't actually from tonight, so people did see her hair.)
She just goes with the flow and seems to be content where she lands. 
We walked up to McDonalds for a sweet treat tonight. She sat up looking at her brother and sister the whole time. If they are looking or talking to her, you can bet she is smiling and giggling at them. She can't take her eyes off of them. John put it best as we were leaving McDonalds. 
John: "Mom, I am so glad Nora is part of our family." 
Me: "Me too son, me too."

You can't get any sweeter than that.


No comments: