Saturday, September 7, 2013

A Great Day








Today was a great day. It was one of those days that you want to hold onto forever. You never know how the day is going to go when you have one parent gone for the weekend...but today was a day that was just perfect. We went to the Red Barn in Weston, MO. A place we love and visit each year. I think I could live in Weston, but that is another blog some other time. In the afternoon, we hung out at home...I even got a few things done! 
After our awesome day, I just laid in my kids' beds, looking at them, thanking God for giving me such wonderful kids. Praying that I don't wish for them to get older and to turn things over to Him as we go through life. He is the ultimate parent and I pray for Him to take the lead. 

Another part of today was hanging out with the Sharky's. I do apologize that I never got a picture of little Sam...but he is a big part of the picture too! 
I love watching these kids together. They have known each other since birth. They truly love each other. Makenna and Sophia greet each other like they haven't seen each other in years. They call each other sisters and I believe Makenna is the only one that can get Sophia to hurry. :)
John and Madeline love being in charge of the little girls and Sam. They fight and play like brother and sister. (I secretly hope one of those girls marry John someday so we will be in each other's lives forever and ever.) 
I can't wait to see as they grow up together and see what friends they will become. I can already tell that when Madeline and/or Makenna get their first boyfriend, John will have something to say about it. I can also see Makenna and Sophia calling each other to see what is happening on a Friday night and to tell about something exciting that happened that day. 
Another part I love is that the parents treat the kids like they are our own. We say no to them and we celebrate on their achievements. We pray for each other and help each other. 

I almost don't want to go to bed just because I truly loved today. It would have been even more perfect if Matt were here. I am sad he missed it. 

No comments: