Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Dinner Conversations

Tonight's dinner conversations...

John: I have decided I am not going to college.
Me: Why?
John: Well, I don't want to leave you and Dad. So I am just going to live here forever. 
Me: Well, that sounds nice but I am sure you will change your mind later. 
John: Well, I guess we will see. 

This is not the first time we have had this conversation. Actually it comes up at least once a week. I love it! I know that his mentality will change later in life, so I am embracing it now. 

Sophia: We have to get ready for my wedding. 
Me: Really, who are you marrying?
Sophia: Hmmm...I don't know. Some boy.
(At this point we are throwing out some names.)
Matt: Is it Kurtis?
Sophia: No, my boy will have hair. And NO mustache!

I am loving dinner conversations lately. I haven't been focusing on some crazy meal. I have went to very simple meals, so that I am not completely exhausted when I sit down after working all day and then coming home to cook. It has been nice and refreshing to do things a little simpler and not set such high expectations for myself, especially with dinner. We now eat dinner a little later, which gives us some more time to not be rushed. 

No comments: