Monday, September 17, 2012

God Revels Himself

As I sat in church yesterday, I left having the question, "Am I really where God wants me to be?' I actually have this question a lot. I guess you could say that I worry about it often. I often wonder if I am doing what God wants me to do. Living with someone that works at a church can be hard sometimes because he gets to go on mission trips, he works downtown to help poverty and abandonment, etc. And it is all for his job! I feel like I have to use the excuse "I can't miss work." or "I have to take care of the kids." most of the time. 

Anyway...I left church yesterday feeling like
"hmm...I wonder if this town is where our family is suppose to be." 

Yet today at work...God totally revealed Himself to me. 
I got to sit with a kid that misses his momma because he is in foster care. 
I got to hug a kid because he misses his daddy who is in jail. 
I got to play Legos with a little guy that is also in foster care and doesn't feel like he belongs anywhere. 

That was all in one day. I think God has me exactly where He wants me. 
I am thankful for my job and the lives that He has put in my life. 
It was an emotional day but a really good day.  

No comments: