Sunday, January 10, 2010


I LOVE getting packages in the mail and John got one yesterday! It just makes my day when there is a box outside of our door...especially when I'm not expecting one. This package was a Christmas present for John from the wonderful Wilmadean and Virgil. It was a quilt. I love quilts made with love equally as much as packages in the mail!

Wilmadean and Virgil are very special people to me and my family. My mom had to go back to work when I was 2 1/2 weeks old and Wilmadean was my babysitter. She babysat my brother, Scott and I until I went to 1st grade. When we were babies, she would have her husband bring her to our house (she didn't have a license and she still doesn't). She would take care of us, clean the house and start supper for my mother. How lucky was my mom?!! In later years, we went to her house. She lived in a house that was right down the street from the school. She would walk us to preschool and Kindergarten and pick us up. She taught me how to make tuna salad, and it is one of my favorite types of sandwiches to this day! She would let me stand on a stool while she cooked. I have so many fond memories of her. She and Virgil are like grandparents to Scott and I. Our family went to church with them for many years. So we saw them all the time! It was very hard for me, when I was looking for a sitter for John, to not compare them with her. I tried to convince them to move up here when I had John...didn't work out. I wanted so badly for John to have a "grandma" sitter. Even though Jewell (John's sitter) isn't Wilmadean, she is about as close as they get! He loves her just like we love Wilmadean.
I love you Wilmadean and Virgil! The quilt is beautiful!

3 comments:

Katie said...

That is awesome Jodi - awesome quilt and awesome story. Yay for packages indeed!

Miller Racing Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miller Racing Family said...

The Scheets are wonderful people. Some of the most thoughtful people I know. I love the second picture of John looking at the book.
Have a fabulous day!