Thursday, December 11, 2008

It's Eatin' Time!!!

So last night John was awake almost every 2 hours and he seemed to be hungry. It would happen after I had bragged on him sleeping through the night! So Matt and I made the decision...we aren't doing this again...let's try cereal to get this boy full. So tonight, after my PTA program, we decided to give it a try. Now, I had always imagined a bowl full of cereal would be thick...nope...I was wrong! It gave us the directions to mix 1 tbsp of cereal with 4-5 tbsp of breast milk. It was just like milk...but we thought "Oh well, lets try it." Well as you can see below John is not a huge fan. He started out okay, but became tired of it pretty quickly. I think more was on him than actually went into his mouth. We ended up putting it in a bottle and he downed it. I think we'll try it a little thicker next time and see how he likes it then.
He has started to hold his own bottle...it is so cute. You can see in pictures below that he's getting pretty good at it.




No comments: