Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Few Things I Love About John

So tonight while I was getting John ready for bed, I realized there were these little things that make John his own little person and I thought I would share...
1. How he grabs your sleeve or arm when you are trying to change his diaper and he holds on to you for dear life.
2. When he holds on to the collar of my shirt when he is laying in my arms.
3.When he just stares at me at bedtime while I sing him to sleep.
4. How he laughs at my funny faces and even tries to mimic them some times.
5. When he puts both of his lips over his gums and he looks like a little old man.
6. The vein that runs across the top of his head when he gets mad.
7. How he gets so frustrated when he can't reach something.
8. When he sticks out that little tongue of his and smiles with those dimples.
9. How he rubs his eyes when he's getting sleepy.
10. When I lay him down in his bed, cover him up, and his feet go straight in the air to get the covers off.
11. When I go into his bedroom in the morning and he is so happy to see me...he waves his arms and legs and smiles great big!
12. When no one else can calm him down, but as soon as he gets in my arms...he is fine.

Oh...to be a mom of a little boy...I wouldn't trade it for the world.

No comments: