Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Kiddo Crafts

Well with potty training and the heat advisory, we have been stuck indoors. As much as the kids were excited to return home to play with their toys...we are all getting a stir crazy. So for a fun snack we made "cute food bear s'mores". See the picture here and get the recipe here
The kids loved these and they were easy to make. I did make a few changes because I didn't have a few of the ingredients. 
I used mini M&Ms instead of mini chocolate chips
She used Nutella as a "glue", I didn't have any so I used marshmallow creme (you could use peanut butter) and I used chocolate sauce a toothpick to make the mouth. 

Sophia's words for this was "That's good!" (in a low voice).

I also made homemade puff paint. This is super easy!!  
Here's the recipe... (This is for one color. I did 2 colors, so I made it 2 times.)
1/4 c of self rising flour
1/4 c. of salt
4 tbsp of water (I used 5 because mine wasn't runny enough)
A couple drops of Wilton Icing Gel


You mix it until it is smooth and runny. Then you put it in a squeeze bottle and let the little ones paint away. You need a canvas or heavy card stock. Once they are finished painting, pop it into the microwave for a minute or two and VOILA...you have puff paint! 
I am going to be grabbing more squeeze bottles to be able to make more colors. 
John loved it...the more paint the better. 

Sophia wanted to use it as finger paint. The bottle was a little big for her so I gave her a paint brush. 

The paint puffed!

Sophia's picture...doesn't it look like a fish? 
Here is the link to where I got this idea. 

No comments: