Saturday, July 28, 2012

John Turns 4!

John turned 4 today!! We had a "Benny" birthday party that was filled with baseball! I have to say it was a blast. Tonight I asked John if he had a good day. He said "Yes. When I have another birthday, I want another Benny party." I asked him his favorite part of the day and he said, "All the baseball stuff."
So I would say it was a success! 

 We had a concession stand set up with popcorn, hotdogs, Twizzlers, cupcakes and ice cream. 

 I could not get John to stand still enough today to take a picture of him. He was so excited for his birthday and his party. He was decked out in PF Flyers, tall baseball socks, baseball pants, his new Benny shirt, and he had a baseball jersey on...but it got to hot. 
 John received some awesome gifts today from his friends and family. Above is a picture of what our friend Danny got John. A real telescope!! We checked out the moon tonight with it. 
 Baseball was the theme so we had some tasty baseball cupcakes to celebrate! 


 Our family made a pinata this week. I didn't want to buy one because they aren't cheap and they are always hard to break. So I thought if we made one it would be easier to break. Boy was I wrong!! We can make quite the pinata! Each kid got to hit is quite a few times and we finally got the candy out! 










John got a keepsake from his birthday party. All of his guests signed their name on a baseball that is now sitting in his room. 

Dear John, 
4 years ago, your mommy and daddy were so excited to meet you. At that time we didn't know if you were going to be a little boy or a little girl. When we met you on July 28th at 2:35 pm, I never knew I could feel love like that. I remember holding you in my arms, just thinking, "I have a boy!" As you have grown, you have made us laugh, entertained us, and made us proud to be your parents. I am excited to see the plans God has in store for you. 
Love you, 
Mommy and Daddy

No comments: