Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Spring Break 2012 in a Nutshell!

I have to say that I think this is one of the best Spring Breaks our family has ever had. We stayed in KC the whole time but it was great! It was relaxed and even though it rained for most of the days, we found a lot of fun things to do. So here is the run down...

Day 1 - We went to the "Bouncy House" (aka Kid Zone) and played.

Day 2 - We went to Kaleidoscope and the Free Exhibit at Crown Center. I had never been to Kaleidoscope and it was great. However, word of advice, I won't take my little ones by myself again. It is 2 adult job when you have a 2 and 3 year old. After playing there, we went over to Crown Center and did the free exhibit. This is our 2nd time going and I would recommend it. It is a great exhibit about animals.


Day 3 - We stayed home all day because of the rain. We played with stencils, which the kids loved, and worked on some things around the house. When the sun would peek through, we would run outside and play until it started raining again. We also did a science experiment with celery, water and food coloring.

Day 4 - We went and fed the buffalo and the elk. We got to share our carrots and celery with a little boy that didn't have any. We went and played at a little playground that we had never been to before. There was a little boy there and this was the conversation between John and him:
John: "Hi, my name is Lightning. What is yours?"
Boy: "Xavier"
John: " I am just kidding, my name is John. Want to play?
John: "Mom, look my new best friend!"
And that was it. The three kiddos played for quite awhile and had a blast.
When we got home and finished naps we did finger painting and packed to spend the night with Nana Barb and Papa!
Day 5: Matt and I went to the midnight showing of Hunger Games with our dear friends Sarah and Andrew Beard. It was SO good. LOVED it but I felt so yucky the next day because I didn't go to bed until 3 am. I just can't do that anymore! We spent the day at Nana and Papa's house and then finished the day with a baby shower for Sarah and Andrew. They are expecting June 21st and we are SO excited to meet this little one. I can barely talk about it without tears welling up in my eyes. They are going to be the most excellent parents. It has been a long awaited journey for them and I can't wait to see what the future holds for this little person.

Day 6: Zoo! We renewed our pass (which if you are a Jackson County or Clay County resident...they have a great deal going on right now!). Us and the rest of KC was at the zoo that day but it was a beautiful day and we had a great time.

So as you can see....we stayed busy but it wasn't a crazy buzy. There was plenty of time for playing and relaxing.
I hope everyone else's spring break was just as good!


No comments: