Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentines DayB

I am not usually one to do much for small holidays, such as Valentines Day. I have never made a big deal out of it. I do love that it is an excuse to get a sitter and go on a romantic date with the my sweet husband. However, this year, seems to be different. I don't know if it is me trying to make up for the guilt of being a working mom and wife or if I am just becoming a "holiday person" - but it got a hold of me and I went with it. Below are the special things we have done over the past few weeks.
Valentines Tree -
picked it up out of the dollar bin at JoAnn's. I had the kids decorate it. Next year, I want to do the same thing and put Bible verses about love on the little hearts that hang.


Valentine Cards -
My kids have never done Valentine cards for other kids, but I decided this year we would. Instead of buying valentines, I thought we would make them. We broke crayons - which John LOVED! - melted them into hearts and put them on our own cards. After a few faulty tries, we finally got it and they turned out cute.

Cupcakes- with pink icing and sprinkles for dinner tomorrow night.
Valentine gifts -
straight out of the Target dollar bins! Can't wait to see their faces, especially the popcorn bins for our theater time at home!
I even got a card for my sweetheart. I am not a card person, so this is a big deal too! Let's see - St. Patricks Day...hmmm...I wonder if I will get zing to do something for the March holiday.

No comments: