Monday, February 13, 2012

Snow Day

At 7:30 am today, John woke up confused why I was still in bed and not up and dressed - like most mornings. He ran to the window and SCREAMED "SNOW!!!"
He instantly wanted to go outside - like this is the moment he had waited for his entire life. I held him off until 8:30 and we were out the door.
He is my snow bunny and Sophia is not. I would say she is more the type - "sit by the fire with a cup of hot chocolate, reading to her baby dolls". She really wanted nothing to do with the snow. She walked around, swung for a little bit and then she was finished. Luckily, we have a lot of the toys in the basement because John played outside for 1 1/2 hours! So I walked back and forth to keep an eye on the kiddos.

He pretended to be on the movie "Elf" and throw snowballs at everyone - except Sophia. In John's words - "I don't think she likes it."
This is a deceiving picture because she is smiling. This is the only picture she smiled in out in the snow.

Then it was onto a day of art, games and movies.
Making a drum and a picture...
After John woke up from his nap, he decided I need to trace him and then we would decorate him. I love the face that he drew!
Sometimes it catches me off guard at how much John has grown up. I think of the snow days last year. He didn't want to play in the snow very long and this year he loved it. He entertained himself for almost an hour and half. He came up with some neat ideas throughout the day to do - things I wouldn't have thought of. He is so verbal and explains himself so well. It excites me to see what kind of man he will be as he grows up. It also kind of makes me sad to see him grow into a kid and not a toddler anymore.

No comments: