Friday, July 15, 2011

Sophia's Words


My sweet Sophia has become quite the talker!
One of the hard things about having a 2nd child is not to compare them to the other one. It is really hard! With the first one, you have nothing to compare to so you think everything is on time. So one of my constant prayers has been not to compare Sophia's timeline with John's timeline.
Sophia start walking around 14 months. She really had no need to walk before this because John gave her everything wanted. I talked with the PAT lady, Mrs. Penny, and she said it was totally normal. When Sophia wasn't talking much, I contacted Mrs. Penny again. She said, "Don't worry." It will come. She can really only work on one thing at a time. As you can see, worrying is a weakness of mine. I can find something to worry about at all times if I am not careful. I pray about this often.
Then BAM!!! Sophia started talking this week. You see, Sophia has always seem to understand what you were saying from a very young age. She just wouldn't verbalize anything. However, now she tells you. She tells you "Yup" or "NO" about things she wants or doesn't. She tells you "drink" and "up" and "down". She has added to "Mama" and "Daddy" by saying "Pops" and "Nana". She continues to say "Bubby" and she tells him "NO" often. She says "hi" and "bye bye". She plays and says "Peek A Boo" and finishes with "Thank you". This is all in one week. It was like she was just holding it in and let it out all at once. Oh one of my favorites is "Yee Haw" and the "YEAH!!" after she sings Itsy Bitsy Spider.
I need not worry. They are on their own schedule.

No comments: