Friday, July 30, 2010

Deuteronomy 11:8-9, "Therefore, be careful to obey every command I am giving you today, so you may have strength to go in and take over the land you are about to enter. If you obey, you will enjoy a long life in the land the Lord swore to give your ancestors and to you, their descendants..." (NLT).

I read this verse this morning around 5:00 a.m. because I couldn't sleep. As I read it, I thought of teachers. August 1st is approaching. Many teachers try to stay out the classroom until this date...some make it and others don't. We teachers, have already started thinking about this new year. It is like a new land that we are about to enter. A land that has new faces, new little hearts, new family stories, new behaviors and new learning styles. Each year, we as teachers, have to come into this new land with a strength that will last us throughout the year. I have found that the only true way to get through is to find strength in the Lord.
To all the teachers out there...I hope you find strength this year.
To all our beautiful students...we look forward to learning all about you!

1 comment:

Bryson and Sarah said...

Thanks for your encouragement Jodi! I am very anxious about this year. I will keep your verse in mind!