Monday, June 14, 2010

Lots of pictures tonight....I got behind, so here are some of the things we have been doing lately.

Monkey Man!!
My little man is quite the climber and he seems to not be scared of anything. We went to the park behind Bass Pro (I would recommend it...we love it!) and John had a ball. We had been there a couple of times before but he had always stayed on the smaller side. I went to put Sophia's pacifier in her mouth, I look up and John is on the BIG SIDE of the playground! I have to admit, I was a nervous wreck, but he did awesome and kept up with the big kids. It is hard to believe that he isn't 2 yet, but he is climbing up such tall things!

He did the climbing wall like a champ!
Climbing up to the BIG slide...
Getting ready to come down...
And down he goes! His statement at the end of the slide, "Again".
Taking a rest from the sun...or trying to figure out what to climb next.
Something new to climb!
Up with the big kids


Sesame Street
John wasn't a big TV watcher when he was younger. Sophia is not the case. She loves it! She really loves when Sesame Street is on. I am not kidding, she will sit and watch a whole episode! This is her watching "Street" (as John calls it). She did take her eyes off the screen for me to get a picture. Don't you just love this bow?
Petting Zoo!
Our library hosted a petting zoo on Thursday. I wasn't sure how John would react to it...I shouldn't have been surprised after the park incident. He loved it and had no problem. He identified all the animals and made their sounds.

Checking out the petting zoo and what it was all about...
About 30 seconds later, his hand was reaching in to touch the animals!
He was excited to have his chance inside the fence!
I think he actually loved hanging and climbing on the fence more than petting the animals.
Extreme Gymnastics

Every Friday, Extreme Gymnastics in Lee's Summit has Open Gym for toddlers. It lasts for 2 hours and it is only $3! We took John for the first time last Friday and he loved it! (I love that all my activities have went well so far!) He jumped, he climbed, he slid, he hung, and he ran for 2 hours straight. His favorite phrase was "Watch this". When we got home he took a 3 hour nap! It was a blast! Sophia even loved it! She was held the whole time and looked around at all the things going on.

Hanging from the rings!
How fun does this look? This was only the toddler part of the gym. They had a whole other half that the kids could go on.
Loving the trampoline!

A Beautiful Picture...
Sophia looking pretty as ever!

Baby Shower!
Sophia went to her first baby shower. She was held and cuddled the whole time. We went to Aunt Wendi's shower. They are adopting a little boy in August. We are so excited to have a new cousin.

1 comment:

Miller Racing Family said...

Wow look how busy you have been. I love the first picture of John at the petting zoo. What a little man he looks like. Sorry I just love little boys with hats on.
Have a great day!