Tuesday, April 20, 2010

E-mealz

We are trying to be more "smart" about our money, especially since we now have 2 kiddos and the economy isn't great. We are slowly paying off debt and we thought one way we could cut back was to try to do some smart shopping. I had a friend tell me about this website (if you click on the picture above it will take you there). You pay $5 a month and the store you shop at...and TADA...it gives you your dinner meals for the week, the recipes, your shopping list, and how much it is going to cost. It is great! It cut our shopping budget from $120 to $80. Pretty amazing! It only does dinner, so you still have to buy breakfast, lunch and snacks. If I would have only bought dinner it would have cost me $43.04. Now...one thing that I did do was make my own changes to the recipes. Example: Sausage Fajitas was our meal tonight...I changed it Chicken Fajitas because I already had chicken. It called for cooking it on the stove...I grilled it. I had fajitas seasoning...so I added it. So what I am saying is that they do the hard part, you get to do the fun part of being creative if you want to be.
Check it out and give it a trial run!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I think we are totally going to do this. I printed off a sample one and made a few of the meals! So good!