Sunday, August 3, 2014

John Turns 6




 Unbelievable is the word that describes John turning 6. Who would have known that 6 years ago, a little boy would come into our lives and change it so much. 6 years ago I thought I could never be more in love and Wowie Wow Wow (we have been reading Junie B. Jones), was I wrong. This little guy is such a joy and a gift. He has so much charisma and joy for life. He LOVES people and keeps our social calendar going. He is so much like me, which is why we seem to butt heads quite a bit. He shows me things about myself that I love and other things that I might need to work on :) 

He is my little man who is becoming quite the boy. He is my cuddler and snuggle buddy. He has the love language of touch. He is loud and hyper and will drop everything to have a dance party. He loves dessert (he would have it 3 times a day if I would let him) and he is starting to love trying new things. 

He is my first off to school and I just can't believe it. I am so excited for him but scared at the same time. I am sure this will be a future post.  He loves doing experiments and will ask you at least 20 questions about anything and everything. His mind is always racing and thinking. He loves Jesus and isn't afraid to say it. He will belt out "camp songs" in the car. I couldn't be prouder. 

He is also the best big brother. Even though he wouldn't admit it, he loves Sophia and they are quite the pair. He is head over heels about Nora. That girl will have him wrapped around her pinkie, or at least for now.

Here's a few pics from his birthday weekend - yup- that is right. He had a birthday weekend and for those of you that know me well, I have birthday months. 








And then memory lane...

Our first time meeting this little guy. 

Only a few days, taken by the famous Sarah Beard, who was totally in love with him too.

A sweet 1 year old picture taken by our other amazing photographer friend, Brandon Schultz. 
Best Christmas Card EVER!
This was one of John's first play dates where the kids actually played and John still is quite the ladies man! . Miss Madeline Sharky, who is one of John's best friends and Miss Jenna Flax. 
2nd birthday party after eating the Elmo Cake. 

No comments: