Thursday, March 8, 2012

Sophia Turns 2

Dear Sophia,
Today you turn 2 my sweet girl. I can't believe 2 years have already gone by. I remember holding you for the first time in the hospital. I had been scared that I would never be able to love like I loved John...but I was so wrong. I instantly fell in love with you, my darling. You make me smile when you try to whisper to me but it so quiet I can't hear. I love how you have developed a love for books and you want someone reading to you all the time. I love how you are already learning to stand up for yourself. I can already see that you won't back down when it is something you really want. I love that you LOVE shoes! I am amazed at how you act like a little momma to your baby dolls. I love how you already look up to your brother and he already tries to protect you. You are girly girl, who loves dress up, dolls and bows; however, you also love playing with cars and trains.
I could have never imagined that I would be so blessed to have such an incredible daughter. I pray that as you grow up you will remember the words my mom always said to me "Pretty is as Pretty does". Sophia, as you grow up, it can be so hard. I pray that I can be a mentor and help guide you into being a woman of God. I am excited to see the plans that God has in store for you. We love you my sweet Fia.




No comments: