Sunday, September 25, 2011

Weekend at Nannee and Pop's House

We spent the weekend at my parent's house this weekend. Like usual, it was a great time.
Sophia's vocabulary has exploded these last couple of weeks. Her new phrase is "Where are you?" She is also becoming quite the singer. She hums all the time. Shoes are her new love. I cleaned out her shoe area the other day and she cried when she didn't have very many shoes in her closet.
We visited the Rootin' Tootin' Alpaca Farm this weekend in Houston. They have had 3 baby alpaca's born in the week. The one in the picture had been born the night before. Something I learned about Alpacas....they have very sweet faces and they have a nervous, sweet voice when they make sounds.
John went on his first fishing trip. I don't know who was more excited...Pops or John. He thought it was really weird that fish like to eat worms. John practiced casting in the driveway and then we headed to Dogs Bluff. John loved casting and reeling in. He wasn't crazy about waiting to get a bite. Pops caught one on his pole and John got to reel it in. However, John did not want to touch the fish.

Sophia, who thinks she is 3 also, wanted her turn at the fishing pole.

The most exciting news of the weekend was Jake. A girl stopped by my parents house and asked if they would want this dog because her parents wouldn't let her keep it. He is a Doxie-Pin (Miniature Pinscher and Daushend). He is 6 weeks old and adorable. It was hard not to bring him home with us but he seems very happy at Nannee and Pops house. John and Sophia LOVED him. John just kept saying "He is so cute." John would get upset if Jake cried in his box. John was also worried that Jake would be to scared to go to the bathroom outside while it was raining, even though it was a covered porch. :)

1 comment:

Katie said...

OH MY GOSH - When I get home I want to buy land and an alpaca - no joke. You have to take me to Houston so I can see these things!!! I want one!!!