Thursday, June 2, 2011

For the last 3 years I have taught 5th grade. I remember finding out a I was teaching 5th grade. Let's just say...I wasn't very excited. I had taught the little ones and those were the ones I liked (or so I thought). Yet, over the last 3 years I have fallen in love with this age group.

Today was my last day in the classroom. I haven't shared my new job on the blog yet. I am not sure why...I think it is the fact I am nervous about this change but so very excited. I also think I have been so busy with everything else, I haven't totally reflected on it. Until today...


Today I saw my room become empty and ready for Savannah to move into it.

Today I put up my last Morning Message.

Today I enjoyed my last unveiling of the 5th Grade DVD.

Today I sat and watched these sweet kids get so excited for summer.

Today I hugged each of my kids goodbye and said "I'll miss you and have a good summer."

Today I stood outside and waved to the busses a big goodbye.

Today I sent off my last class at SPE.


This class was special to me. I had them in first grade, which was my first year at SPE. Now I have had them in 5th grade and it is my last year.


Next year I am at a new school, with new students and a new staff. You see next year I will be an Administrative Intern. I can't believe it is happening but it is what I have been working for the last 2 years.


Tomorrow is staff day. I have my hand selected gifts for my team and I have practiced what I am going to say to them when I give them the gifts. I dread the lunch because I know words will be spoken about everyone leaving. I am afraid I will have a headache by the end of the day because of all the tears that will be shed. You see, this staff is like a family to me. When you spend 8 hours everyday together that is what happens. These are the people that know me and support me each day. They have taught me so many things. I know I wouldn't be the educator I am today without them.

I love you all.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Congratulations, Jodi!!! What a great way to begin a new adventure!