Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Today our dear, sweet friends, the Beards, moved to Texas. It is one of those things where I know that God was in total control of this move and they are faithfully doing His will. These two people are some of Matt's and I's best friends. Andrew introduced Matt and I before we dated, we all dated at the same time, got married the same summer, and all lived together for a time being. Sarah and I had conversations before marrying the boys about future vacations. They were there for both of our children's births (John Andrew is named after Andrew). We have laughed and cried together. Spent a many lake days together and had some fun road trips.


For the past couple of years, our lives have taken us in different directions. Matt and I's lives were taken over by our 2 children, Lakeland and school. Sarah and Andrew's lives were taken over by their 70+ children in their youth group, where they did an amazing job. Our schedules were very different but we always seemed to find an evening when we could catch up over Ponchos.


When they told us they were moving. It was really no surprise. Matt and I both knew there had been a stirring in their hearts and that change was soon to happen. Up until now, I hadn't really been sad about them leaving. I hadn't shed a tear...until now. It is hard growing up. It is hard when dear friends go a new path, without you. I now know how Sarah and Andrew felt when we left on the plane to Serbia and then Colorado. I am comforted knowing that they are exactly where God wants them. I am excited to see the plans unfold as they start this new journey. I do pray that someday, we just might be near one another again.


I tried looking at old pictures...it was a little hard, so I posted the furniture we got from them because they sold almost everything. We have new living room furniture to give us daily reminders of them. :)


Sarah and Andrew...we love you dearly. We are excited to see your journey. Please know we love you and couldn't ask for better friends.



No comments: