Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas Morning 2010
I love Christmas morning. It reminds me of growing up. My brother and I always slept in the same room on Christmas Eve night. We would wake up ridiculously early...like 4:00 a.m...and sneak into the living room. We would go through our stockings as quiet as we could. Then we would wake our parents up...as if they didn't know we were already up. My dad video taped every Christmas morning. He would make us go back to the bedroom and pretend that we were just waking up. We would walk sleepily out of the room acting as if we had seen light yet that day. The living room would be filled with laughter, presents and a great family time. Later on, we would watch the new movies that we had gotten for Christmas. I love Christmas morning. I pray that my kids will have memories like I have.
This Christmas morning was much like the past. I woke up at 4:30 a.m. without even meaning to. I snuck into the living room, already to find my dad...who seems to never sleep. We had coffee/tea together. The kids woke up happily at 6:30. Christmas morning began and it was a relaxing, wonderful day.










1 comment:

Julie said...

Love the Cardinals jersey!!