Friday, May 14, 2010

Sophia is 2 months old! Can you believe it? Matt took her to her check up and she is a whopin' 13lbs and 1oz. She is coming in at 23 3/4 inches long. I am not sure they stretched her out because I think she is longer than this. I was looking back at John's measurements and he was measuring 24 inches long when he was 2 months. I am pretty sure that she is longer than he was at that age. She is barely fitting in 3 month sleepers...she can barely stretch her legs out. The doctor said she is looking great and growing wonderfully. She is in the 90th percentile for height and weight. She is really starting to smile, coo, and chuckle. She is starting to interact with toys that hang from her bouncer.
Sleeping is getting better! YEAH! Miss Sophia has slept from around 9:00 p.m. to about 5 a.m. the last couple of nights. The only thing is that I am falling asleep at 9:00...so not much gets done in the evenings. We are still working on the being fussy in the evenings. Once 8:00 p.m. hits...my precious girl wants to be held. Don't even think about doing anything else. Last night, Matt and I decided we would try to clean the house after John went to bed so we wouldn't have to do it this weekend. I was in charge of the back of the house and he was in charge of the front of the house. I got one basket of clothes put away, and Sophia started fussing. So I picked her up and we laid on the bed. I guess we fell asleep because at 11:00, I woke up and it was dark in our room. My sweet husband, who had been doing his part in the cleaning, came back and saw that both of his girls were conked out on the bed, so he turned out the light.
So...I am learning that I am not going to get things done in the evening after 8:00 (or before 8:00 for that matter). I am learning to be an early bird and do things after the 5 o'clock feeding. I am learning that it is okay to go to bed at 9:00 (even though my husband doesn't like it :))
Posted by Picasa

No comments: