Monday, May 10, 2010

Last year, Matt and I decided to put in a flower garden in the front of our house. We are starting to see the flowers bud! Last year, since we had just planted it, we never saw the "full" garden in swing. We are excited to see it this year.
I don't have a hobby...and I would like to have one. Part of the problem is that I need more than 24 hours in my day...but that is just not going to happen. I have also decided that when I start something, I always want to start big and then I end up not following through because it ends up being overwhelming. So I am starting small....
I am going to try to be a gardener. I am going to start with tomatoes and peppers in pots on my back deck. If I like this hobby, which I am hoping that I do, we will make a raised bed in the back yard this summer. That way we will be ready to plant next Spring.

So here are my new little friends...
The peppers...
and
the tomatoes...

4 comments:

Whitney Richeson said...

That is so funny that you just posted this because this was going to be my next post. Ben just planted a garden in our backyard. He even took a class at Home Depot on how to plant it! I can't wait to see the vegetables grow. Good luck!

Bridget KD said...

Hey! I just planted my peppers, tomatoes, and other veggies this weekend. It is really relaxing to garden (in my opinion). I definitely enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

Love the photos. My peppers and tomatos were planted as seeds... three weeks ago, so they are still little. I might just get a pepper before Christmas.

The Strader Family said...

Your phlox looks good. Steve and I have a bunch of that in our "garden". I love to garden but not so much vegetables. Is it still gardening if it is with flowers? If so, I love to garden! :)