Friday, March 12, 2010

Nana LeAnn took John to get Sophia a present. He actually picked out all of these items.
My hope was to get a picture of him giving it to Sophia, however, he took all the items out of the gift bag and would take each one over to her...very quickly. So we got a picture of all the gifts.
Such a good big brother...

Update on Sophia:
She went to the doctor today. Her billirubins look good and she weighs 7lbs 8oz. She has gained
5 oz since she got home! She is an eater!

My mom leaves tomorrow for a few days. She is speaking at a conference and she will be back on Tuesday morning. I am a little nervous because it will be Matt and I. However, we have such wonderful friends and family, that we have our meals covered through the weekend. So I don't have to worry about that. I think my biggest worry is what I will do when I am breastfeeding Sophia and John needs me. I realize he has to learn to wait...but come on...he is 19 months old. Sophia is still in the slow stages of eating...we are talking like 35 to 45 min. That is a long time for me not to be able to get up and help John. I know I can do it between sides and if I need to stop I can...but it is still a worry. I hadn't even thought of this before I had Sophia...but now I think about it every time I am feeding her. I guess we'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

aw jodi i totally know where you are coming from. Owen was 17 months when Sullivan was born and it was H*A*R*D. i felt really quilty alot that i wasn't there for Owen (and he did NOT understand why HIS mommy was busy with another baby... it broke my heart!). i must say it was one of the worst times of my parenting life so far... but it is so much better now! things do get easier, but you have to muddle through the best way you know how. people told me that too, "he needs to learn to wait", you can't tell that to a mommy whose heart is breaking because her baby needs her and her toddler needs her and she wants to do both at once!! if you ever need to talk, call me:) 816-804-9366. *hugs*

www.sharkyfamily.blogspot.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.