Monday, February 1, 2010

John is soon to be a "Potty Animal" (hopefully)!
This weekend John came into the living room and said "Potty". Matt quickly took him to the bathroom (I was on the floor and couldn't get up as quickly). John closed the door and went to the toilet. He tried to pull down his pants, so Matt helped him with his pants and diaper. He sat on the toilet (not scared!!) and just looked around. When Matt asked him, "Are you finished?" He nodded his head "yes" and grabbed the toilet paper, put it in the toilet and flushed it down.
After this, we decided that it would probably be a good idea to go ahead and get a potty for John. So here it is...
Here's my darling trying it out. He really likes that it can be a stool to step on. I think he likes that more than the actually potty itself.

New Baby News...
Our sweet new baby is 34 weeks along at this point. He/she is the size of a cantaloupe coming in at a whopping 4 3/4 lbs and 18 inches long. Mommy is very tired these days with sleep that doesn't come easy. I just read that I should get big satin pjs and satin sheets to make turning in bed easier...not a bad idea. Braxton Hicks started this past week, so I am getting a little practice when those real contractions start. We've started talking about the "plan" of who to call for John when the baby comes. It is so funny because I have all these scenarios in my head and none of them will probably happen! I keep thinking I need to make a list of things that should get done before hand...but I don't want to because I am afraid I will be overwhelmed. Anyway...things are good. We are excited to meet this little one and for John to get a baby sibling. He is going to be a great big brother.
Here is a visual of the size of the baby....


1 comment:

Miller Racing Family said...

So glad that John likes his new potty. I remember Trey loved to play with the little potty but he loved using the stool to use the big potty.
I can't believe your new little baby will be here in less than 6 weeks. I totally understand what you mean about making a list of all the things you need to get done. I finally started going through Trey's old clothes this weekend. Now that was overwhelming.
Clad to hear you are feeling good. I hope you get more sleep!