Wednesday, August 20, 2008

1st Bottle and 1st Bath time

Daddy Matt getting the bath tub ready!
John enjoying his bath time.
John looking at me thinking "What is going on?"
John looking at me saying, "Thank you for making me warm."
John and Matt resting after a big day.


Yesterday was a big day for John Andrew! He had his first bottle and his first bath. Matt gave John his first bottle yesterday evening and he took it like a pro! I mopped the floor while Matt did it. It was strange not feeding him, but kind of nice to have a break. :) He went right back to nursing last night without a problem.
After eating...it was bath time! We got all of John's clothes off and as I was holding him, Matt was preparing the bath, and John decided to poop all down my leg onto the newly mopped floor! Matt took him, so I could get cleaned up and John pee'd all over Matt. We were expecting him to throw a fit when we put him the bath tub, but he didn't cry at all! He actually just layed there and looked around. He did shiver a lot, but we warmed him up quickly with his lion towel. Overall...it was a good first experience...except for all the excretions...but they help make the story even better. ;)

4 comments:

LaTisha said...

I love the stories... keep em' coming! Love you guys...

Jen said...

Ahhh- being a new parent...hilarious!! :)

Unknown said...

The joys of parenting! John's just giving you two a foretaste of things to come. Or maybe--this being your first time bathing him--he was was giving you a helpful, "This side up!" sign before you put him in the tub. Either way, I bet it won't be the only newly-mopped floor you'll end up re-mopping due to John!

He's such a beautiful baby, Matt and Jodi! What a doll! Thanks for posting your pictures. Love, Aunt, whoops!, Great-Aunt Vicki

Bridget said...

I'm entertained that Matt is wearing that 'playa' shirt in these pictures. That was the shirt he was wearing the very first time I met him! I think he just MIGHT be in a different place than he was then. :)

Also, not that I'm biased or anything, but John is the cutest baby ever.