Thursday, December 6, 2007

Over a foot of snow!!

So today is a beautiful day because we have gotten over a foot of snow! To make it even better, we have a forecast that is calling for 12-20 more inches tonight! The resort and mountains look beautiful. I only had to work a 4 hour day today so I am sitting in Starbucks, enjoying the view and the smell of coffee. It is amazing how God can paint a beautiful picture with the snow. One thing I haven't talked much about is the simplicity of a mountain town. Things are so slow paced and simple. People dress for warmth, not necessarily looks and it seems that everyone is smiling. I am convinced that it is because people get to see God's artwork, the mountains, each and every day. It is almost seems that when you are up on the mountain you are just that much closer to God. What a beautiful place!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I wish I was with you!! I miss you guys so much! SOON, very soon!
Love you!

Bridget said...

In one month and thirteen days I will come see you! I can't wait!!!

Last night Andy and I talked about doing a 'Jodi and Matt' and abandoning our life in Springfield for somewhere exotic. :) Could be the cold weather and lack of sunshine...

Unknown said...

Hi Matt & Jodi,

My name is Anthony and I was in the teacher training at Berlitz with you. I feel really bad about what happened to you guys and I wish that I would have found out earlier so my wife and I could have tried to help you guys out. Unfortunately Serbia is full of lots of shady people and it's too bad that you guys had to learn that the hard way. I really admire you guys for doing what you did and think you are both really brave for moving to the other side of the world. If you guys ever make your way back to Serbia please let me know so we can get together.

Take care

Sarah said...

It is really time for a new post from you!! I miss you! can't wait to see you!

Sarah said...

It is really time for a new post from you!! I miss you! can't wait to see you!