Wednesday, June 27, 2007

In the Waiting Process

I am sorry I haven't written in awhile...things have been busy! Well, it seems that everything is still in question and we are still waiting. We sent in applications to a school in Prague that Cultural Embrace (the organization that we are going with) had contacted about us. We just heard back from them today and our applications have moved the to the next level. Hopefully, we will hear back from them soon. My heart is really set on Prague...so I hope that it works out with them. Even if it doesn't, I know it will be okay because God is in control of this situation. We have started our TEFL (teaching English as a Foreign Lanugage) courses...and let me tell you...the English language is difficult! Matt and I are working together on it and are enjoying it (for the most part). We have just completed Unit 4 and have 16 more to go! The house is still on the market. We haven't had any lookers so that is a little discouraging, but we have faith that God has his hand in every part of this move, so He will take care of it. We are having a garage sale this weekend. Let me tell you...getting rid of "stuff" is so nice. I cleaned out my closet last night and was almost sick at all the things I was getting rid of. To make it worse...my closet is still full! As we are getting rid of things, it makes me not feel so cluttered. It is a great feeling.

This past weekend, we went down to Houston and saw the family. It was great seeing everyone and it was weird to think that it might be a year before I see them again. We had a homemade ice cream and brownie party to let everyone know the details and to say our good byes.

Our China trip is quickly approaching. We are down to less than a month! We are getting very excited at the thought of being there for 2 weeks. Please keep us in your prayers. We are really going to be networking with the people in China. Last night at our meeting, we talked a lot about the question "How do you share your spiritual journey to someone who doesn't speak your language?" This thought has been in my mind all day long. For two weeks (actually for the next year) Matt and I will be surrounded by a language we don't understand. Our actions will absolutely be defining our lives!

Thank you for all the prayers and kind words that everyone has shared with us. We hope that you enjoy hearing about our trips. I have linked a website to the Cultural Embrace website. This is the organization that we are going through when we go to Europe.

Have a great day and I will keep you posted on things as they happen.

No comments: